One thing I knew I wanted to do was have some sort of picture (or at least some thing varying from the main font) in my video. Could only really see two opportunities for this:
- “Murder and kill other poor people” | could have blood drip from it
- “America” | a flag stuck in the word or even the word has the flag as the main body.
To make the blood drip down from murder and kill, I simply drew some ’round ended rectangles’, made them the same colour as the red text, hid them behind the writing and, when the words were said, animated them out.
Considering the positioning of my America, I couldn’t use a flag (I would have wanted it sticking in the top the last ‘a’ and the word was at the very top of the page) so I decided to find myself an Ultra Bold typeface and put the american flag inside the letters.
How I Did It:
- Found and Ultra Bold font
- Used Magic Want tool, selected the area outside the type (including inside the hole of the A’s and E), Inverted the selected area.
- Went to “Refine Edge” and chose the selection to Contract, until I had a prominent (but not too prominent) border left.
- Deleted the inside of the letters. I now had a border.
- On the layer below I placed this image and moved it into a suitable position, one where you could see the stars and the strips (I chose this image for its beaten and vintage look- refelects the film)
Billy Frank Alexander (stock.xchng) | Stock Illustration: America 2
- Saved it was a high quality JPEG film, so it would be good quality for the animation, but wouldn’t slow the exporting process down or make it too big of a file.