LibraryBrief < here it is
Conclusion of Our Brief and Working in a Group
We all felt that as a group our brief had a head start. Ironically, this was thanks to our really really poor presentation in the first week. I took control and made sure we wouldn’t let it happen again. With thanks to a Facebook Group and Emails to communicate, we organised meets (in person, before lectures, and online), made sure we all had jobs to be getting on with and generally keeping 100% on top of things.
First jobs were to do research, I’ve mentioned this before but I really wanted to get ahead and thought that by getting really thorough research as a group we would stand out. I think it worked..
With all our meets, especially our last online catch up, we compiled a very lengthy and different Brief to other groups. I didn’t think this was a bad thing; but then you consider that someone has to break it down and understand it and the most out of it. If a brief is unclear, misleading or vague then the result will not be what you wanted.
So we were advised to make it less wordy, we also decided 1) we would remove all research. We put it at the back so it is there for the designer after they have read it. And 2) that we would put images in.
As a finalised brief I believe it’s extremely clear what we want and informative.
I would like to say we all worked fantastic as a group and we all pulled our weight, pitching in at all times to make the final result the best it could be. But I can’t. Unfortunately some were more involved than others and I realised that, as the (unelected) leader, there is only so much you can try to rally everyone together and push them before you sound like a nag, and then nothing will get done.
So, I just left them to it and focused on the people who did want to work. I feel that this was the best decision because this way the 4/5 of us that did want to apply ourselves could do that. I also found that smaller groups means quicker conversing, more efficiency and far easier to agree on ideas.