We came across a few issues today whilst doing the outside shooting:
- Pete’s girlfriend had to go wedding dress shopping so couldn’t do her role as “Mother”
- We shot outside with no plugs to charge the cameras so there was a huge rush when the batteries began to die!
- Because of Pete’s girlfriend being unavailable, we had no pram for the scene in which MR SUTTON chased after the loose pram..
- Such poor lighting in the toilet when shooting the final scenes, but no plugs in a public toilet..
- A lorry parked up on the hill we were shooting the pram scene on..
But we had some really good positives
- Danny’s husband had the day off work, was able to be extremely helpful! He went and picked up a pram for us and rang up the council to find out where there were unlocked toilets.
- Because of the Lorry parking in shot, we went for a break at a local café which gave us a chance (that we wouldn’t have otherwise thought of taking) to sit down and reassess the rest of the day.
One of Our Techniques
The picture above is from a scene we shot during the pram escaping. The idea for this shot was Danny shouts “My Baby!!!” and I turn but as I do the pram shoots past me. This was meant to happen at the same time so we used the line [that I am stood on] as a marker for when I should turn around.
It was a tricky scene to get right because I couldn’t see behind me so had to assume the pram would hit the line the same time as me!
Tomorrow we will all be staying behind after our last lecture (1pm) to analyse the footage and agree on the best shots to use.