School Runs, Mortgages & 10 Ways to keep Sane
The audience is 30+ aged people who have given a lot up for other people and are finding life difficult. It isn’t intended to change your life, just make it more manageable.
You buy the Box. It looks a little like this. Here is the .PDF for it.
Inside the Box Comes 10 individual booklets [One,Two,Three,Four,Five,Six, Seven,Eight,Nine,Ten].
The reason for the individual booklets is to break the sense of steps and planning. It helps to embrace spontaneity.
© Andresr | <a href=”http://www.stockfreeimages.com/”>Stock Free Images</a> & <a href=”http://www.dreamstime.com/”>Dreamstime Stock Photos</a>
I downloaded a free trial of InDesign so that I could get the benefits of it’s grids and text styling capabilities.
Below is the grid for the inside spreads.
And here is an image showing the clear difference between Illustrator layout and inDesign layout:
Now to fill the empty space and complete the other nine booklet spreads..
I began to look into designing my Box, Instructions Manual and a Device to Select a Random Technique.
Above are my 10 covers for the individual and random-order booklets. The intention is that they look nothing alike and in no way related to each other. The reason for that is to give a sense of broken routine.
I have been racking my brain for a decent idea on how the website can join in with the book.
My Initial Thoughts:
- An online tracker | I was unsure on how to do this.
- I then considered a fun website to cheer you up | poor basis for an entire website.
- Reviews on the techniques | this will be in side the booklet.
My Actual Idea:
A Four-Page site- 1) Home 2) Tracker 3) Live Reviews 4) Fun
- Description of Website, Advert for Book…
- A Print Out of a chart and instructions on how to track progress.
- Rather than having the reviews in the book, a constant stream of people choosing their favourite technique and saying why. Also a chart saying which one is most popular.
- Video of the Week.
Joke of the Day.
A large ‘A Thousand Words’ box- a funny picture that when you open it up it makes you smile.
(All with a link to an archive of previous weeks)
How to Track Progress:
1. Print month off
2. Fill out the fields (technique used/did it work etc.)
3. When you feel ready, which one was most beneficial? Loose the ‘Random Technique Deciding Dice’ begin make your own routine up with the most productive of the 10.
Here’s My Tracker Printout PDF
Above is a general idea of how I would like my inside spreads to look at this point. The idea is to have an image on the left hand side that depicts the act. On the right will be a description of it, a scientific explanation, peoples reviews (out of 10 stars) and more.
My concern is that if all the inside spreads are the same, it cancels out the idea of randomness and uniqueness. Perhaps just reorder the boxes on the right page..
In my head, I initially saw the right hand page as a photograph and then I had the idea of a constant mascot that was depicting the act in all 10 booklets. Much like the ‘Change 4 Life’ plasticine men: